This is a little program that I originally wrote to test out some of the SDL functions and extra Libraries such as SDL_TTF, SDL_Image, SDL_Mixer to see if they are working correctly with my dev setup.
No idea if it will be of any use to people but it makes a nice little first program to compile and test your dev setup and also to maybe learn how to setup a program to run on the GP2X and PC.
So far it does a test for the following:
- SDL_TTF - True Type Font text
- SDL_Mixer - WAV, MOD, MP3 and OGG playback. OGG playback has volume and pause
controls. MOD Playback seems to be slow at the moment, possible
bug when compiling for GP2X?
- SDL_Image - PNG, BMP and JPEG display with and without transparency
- Input - GP2X and PC simulated buttons, useful when testing on PC
- SDL Timer - Small example to make a timer
- and loads more ;)
NOTE: To save download time I have not included example MP3 or OGG files. To do the test you must have a music.mp3 and music.ogg in the /sdltest/ folder
If you do want to test a certain function just comment out the functions code and it should run fine. Dont forget to copy the /sdltest/ folder to your SD Card otherwise it wont run correctly, I also added a .GPE if you just want to check it out without compiling.